martes, 10 de mayo de 2016

Fandicosta, a local factory, on fire.


As I was driving home after school today I was shocked by a huge cloud of smoke coming from the factory Fandicosta in Domaio. I stopped to take some photos and share immediately with friends. I also uploaded some to my facebook page. During the first half an hour I still had the hope that they would manage to  stop it but soon realised it would be impossible to control it  with just a couple of fire trucks. I couldn't get my eyes off  the building, which kept sending darker and darker clouds and really scary explosions and flames.
All the time there I couldn't help thinking of the  men and women, some of them my students' parents,  who won't be able to go to work tomorrow and maybe for a while.
By 8 pm the police had closed the main roads as well as Rande Bridge. They had also evacuated the closest neighbours. Yovanna, who had a Maths exam on Tuesday, was not even allowed to take her notes and books, or that is what she mentioned when I saw her near the park.
One hour later I had  a bit of a headache and an itchy feeling in my throat so I decided to leave the place going back to Moaña and looking for an alternative way to get home.

We have been advised to stay at home with doors and windows shut since the toxic cloud might be dangerous.

If I don't wake up tomorrow, at least you will have a text to read in class. Good night!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario