jueves, 8 de marzo de 2018

We should all be feminists. 8th March International Women's Day

Last August I was coming back by train  from A Coruña when I met a dark skinned man in his early thirties. I  spent the really short time of the journey (less than an hour)   reading  Purple Hibiscus  by the African writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.  I was so much into my reading that I didn't pay much attention to the person next to me. It was only when my stop was announced that I closed my book and  he then said, looking alternatively to my book and to me, that we were reading books by the same author, which was certainly a weird coincidence. So he showed me the book you have below adding that it  had been  recommended by  his girlfriend. He had time to mention that  he was enjoying it as much as he had his "Way to Santiago". I felt sorry I hadnd't stopped reading before and  had a good chat with that man. But at least I thought I had a new book to read. 
During the last week I heard this book mentioned in several radio  programmes  so I think today it is the day to post about it.




If you are curious about the writer here you can listen to her.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario